Gift this class
Botanical Paper Printing
In this hands on workshop with Roz of Be Kind Textiles, you will learn the basic principles of natural dyeing using paper, plant materials, metals and mordants using steam.
This workshop will begin with an optional short stroll to forage and collect suitable plant material locally (you are welcome to stay in the studio if you have mobility issues)
We will be using our locally found plants and flowers to create organic prints and patterns on water colour paper. The resulting paper can be framed, used in papercraft, scrapbooking, cardmaking or can be turned into a hand bound notebook(see below)
This workshop is the first half of a two-part series to create your own beautifully bound artists notebook with the paper you have created. You are welcome to attend one or both!
- Basics of natural printing on paper with plants and various mordants.
- An understanding of how to mordant fabric and fibre to set plant dyes
- What local plants are likely to yield dye
- A stack of beautiful naturally hand-dyed paper you have made
- An information sheet with techniques used
- Just yourself!
- Optional - any old watercolour or thick paper of your own you would like to colour.
No dress code, but we might get a little messy!
Total beginners welcome, or those wanting to learn more about natural dyes will also benefit.